Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Mind of Brian Rides Again: AKA The (Sorta) Dark, (Not All That) Gritty Reboot



It’s been almost a year since I posted last. During that time, post-worthy things happened, but between finishing grad school, adjusting to a new job, almost getting married, and a few other things, I managed not to write about any of them. So for the one or two of you out there actually still looking at this, be prepared for a month of me writing about albums and concerts from 6 months ago or more. (That, and the review I promised Michael W. Dean of his gun training film back in 2013…)

SO… Here’s what to expect going forward:

-Very little political content. I used to try to stay abreast of and write about current events, but there are far more interesting things for me to do with my time, so I won’t bother unless it’s something I really think is meaningful and interesting. I suppose I'll write about politics if asked, but there are already so many good resources for libertarianism/voluntaryism out there that for the most part I’ll leave that job in more capable hands. 

-Some religious content. This isn't primarily a faith/religious blog, but my faith in and testimony of Jesus Christ and his restored gospel informs how I live my life and what's important to me. I don't share that enough, and it's probably time for that to change.

-Plenty of music content. With grad school behind me and a new, healthier sleep schedule, I’ve done more with music over the past few months than I have in a long time. So expect reviews of whatever music I’ve run across and want to share, concerts I’ve seen, or guitar gear I’ve used. I’ll have a review of the new Seymour Duncan Black Winter humbucker set coming soon, and a post on the guitar I installed them in. Maybe a little of my own music will leak out here and there as well.

-Some running and outdoor content. This will be my fourth year running, yet somehow I haven’t managed to write much about it. There should be some hiking and camping entries as well as some on preparedness.

-Some miscellaneous project content. Somehow, I neglected to post about the giant bowie knife I built, the grips built for an obscure Russian revolver, or the endless struggle to complete a certain unique-looking but only marginally useful guitar. My list of DIY projects seems endless at this point- I’ll see if I can check a few more off the list and blog about them.

So much good stuff to come… Saddle up yet again for another journey into The Mind of Brian…

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment