Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Supreme Circuit Judge: An Open Letter to Rossi Firearms


R&D Department Head,

I have watched with interest the rollout of the new Circuit Judge 28 gauge. The original Circuit Judge  410/.45 Carbine piqued my interest at the beginning, but I really never had much use for the .410 shell itself. Don’t get me wrong, the gun is fascinating, but that particular shotgun shell always seemed a little anemic to me. Imagine my excitement when I heard the 28 gauge carbine was to come. That’s a big step in the right direction.

However, as much as I like the 28 gauge compared to the 410, the 28 gauge is just not very common in my state. I can find the 28 gauge, but it’s like trying to find cartridges for my .38 S&W Short. In other words, it’s not easy or convenient, and it’s more expensive than I would like.

In contrast to the 410 and 28 gauge, 20 and 12 gauge shells are plentiful in my state, and above all, cheap and powerful.. Following the release of the 28 gauge, a 20 or 12 gauge seems like the next logical step. Does Rossi have any plans to release such a gun in the near future? Such a gun would have broad appeal throughout the United States. I personally believe that even with a full production run, demand for 20 and 12 gauge Circuit Judges would outstrip supply. Were a 20 or 12 gauge Circuit Judge to emerge, (perhaps named the Rogue Judge, or the Supreme Court Judge) I would be ready to buy one, as it would fill roles my other shotguns do not.

I look forward to your response, and will be watching closely for any future developments.

Regards,


Brian


No comments:

Post a Comment